Saturday, October 14, 2017

Birdman Update

Birdman
I have shown you a couple of portraits of Birdman over the years. We never knew each other growing up despite spending most of our lives in Haninge, and Tungelsta for that matter. It feels like many years ago now that I first stopped him and asked if I could take his portrait. It only took us a minute that time to realise that we had a lot of people in common. Funny how the world works. Anyway, I took this portrait of him a few days ago in his orchard when I was out trying my new zoom lens.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

He certainly looks like quite a character.

Lowell said...

Is he giving you the peace sign or telling you you have 2 seconds to get the shot and get out of there?

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha, peace sign it was. We took thirty photos. I emailed him 20 good ones that he can use on social media and what have you. Looking at the photos I realise that I should have asked him to show me both his hands as he had different colored nail polish on his fingers. We met at a rock festival a few months ago. That time he was the only one there bare foot and for good reason as he had his toenails painted in different colors that day!

RedPat said...

We need different people like that around us!
Glad you are out & about again.

Bob Crowe said...

A nest of hair by design? Reminds me of CDP's dear departed Birdman from Portland, Maine.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You must be so pleased with the new lens Steffe.. what is the range? You wouldn't have been able to get too close, right? The subject is perfectly sharp and the bokeh is gorgeous!

Jack said...

Birdman is an interesting-looking guy. I would love running across him and trying a few portrait photos.

Bill said...

A wonderful portrait of an interesting looking person. He looks totally different in your previous portrait of him. I don' think I would have realized it was the same man if not for your comment.

The storm wasn't so strong when it reached my area and I am happy about that.

Gunn said...

Great portrait!

You and Jack are so good at this!